Public safety department for Northern Virginia suburbs urges caution over fear man who asked for hostess at restaurant was poisoned by drinks he was served
The public safety department for the northern Virginia suburbs is advising residents and visitors to be cautious after multiple reports of “spiked drinks”.
On Wednesday, officials from the Fairfax county police department issued a statement saying that they had received multiple reports of “spiked drinks” over the past week and asked that the public take precautions.
“A possibility exists that a person who has recently asked for one drink of spiked drink may have come into contact with the contaminated beverage, and that persons who have eaten or imbibed alcohol-infused food are also at risk,” police said in a statement.
So far no link has been found between the spiking incidents and a specific “man”, or event or person, they said.
The department shared a photo and description of a man believed to be responsible for the incidents on Twitter, and said they believed the man acted alone and was “likely intoxicated”.
At this point, police cannot say with certainty if the incidents were the result of intentional poisoning or an accident. According to the investigation, it is unclear whether the spiked drinks were contained in glass bottles or, worse, a bucket.
Investigation of the incidents is ongoing. “If you believe you may have become ill and require medical attention, please seek medical attention,” police said.